Outside Sales Representative, Oklahoma City
“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. —Dale Carnegie”
Position: Outside Sales
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Video Reality is currently accepting applications for an experienced Outside Sales position for the Oklahoma City and surrounding areas! This position is intended to be filled by someone with a good knowledge and understanding of technology and preferably commercial audio and video systems.
About Video Reality
Video Reality has been in the audio/visual design and installation business for over 25 years. In that time, we have been creating custom integration solutions for schools, government agencies, and businesses throughout Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Video Reality has a heavy foothold in the K-12 school market as well as Higher Education. We also work deeply with commercial and corporate entities as well as State agencies. We design and install systems as simple as basic conference rooms and classrooms, to heavily complex multi-room event centers, sports arenas and emergency operations centers.
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Heavily self-motivated
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and willing to talk to everyone
- Willing to work hard and potentially long hours
- Solid understanding of how to use today’s technology with a preference towards someone with a solid understanding of commercial AV technology
If these qualities fit your personality, here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Use the phone, email, social media and networking events to identify and connect with relevant individuals at local and regional schools, businesses and government agencies.
- Schedule meetings to discuss the integration of audio-visual technologies to meet client needs and objectives.
- Collaborate internally to help with systems designs and aid through the sales process.
- Help coordinate installations with clients.
- Provide sales support and ongoing client relations.
This is a unique opportunity where the payout can be fantastic and the opportunity for long term growth and promotion could be huge for the right person. Make no mistake…this position will not be for the faint of heart. You will be responsible for managing your time efficiently and effectively. You will be rigorously prospecting for new clients. You will be expected to communicate to discuss strategies and opportunities.
However, you will also be backed one of Oklahoma’s most prominent AV companies that already has a very solid reputation and foothold in a number of vertical markets. You will be given all the tools you need to succeed…it will just be up to you to execute! Can you do it?
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- University Degree
- Technical School Degree or Certification
- High school diploma
- At least two years’ work experience in any field
- Acute interest in working in technology sales or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience using Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- A commitment to continuous learning
- Ability to think “outside of the box”
- Must have valid Driver’s License and be insurable.
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours on occasion (for special events, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of modern consumer and/or commercial technologies such as interactive displays, projectors, audio systems, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate projects and workload
- Ability to interpret and use job-related terminology effectively and efficiently
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak effectively with people at any level
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation to complete tasks
- Strong sense of customer service
- Ability to maintain confidential and proprietary information
- Walk, lift, reach, stoop, sit, squat, bend, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and type for extended periods of time (up to 10 hours)
- Occasional lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation